New Belleville West Staff Introduce Themselves

Abby Blakey, Features Editor

Kaitlin Richardson 

Q: Why did you want to be a librarian?

Solin Douglas-HIll

A: “I wanted to be a librarian because of my love of libraries and when I was little, I used to spend all of my time in libraries. A lot of my librarians inspired me.”

Q: What are you looking forward to most this school year?

A: “I’m looking forward to meeting and getting to know all the students here.”

Q: What did you do before coming here?

A: “I used to work at the university of Illinois where I taught students for several years.”

Q: What’s a fun fact about you?

A: “My favorite book series is Harry Potter.”

Kim Riley

Q: Where and what did you first teach?

A: “I have been a teaching assistant at Belleville East for the past 10 years. This is my first year teaching and also my first year at Belleville West. I teach Special Education, specifically Biology 3-4 and Math Skills. “

Abby Blakey

A: “This year I am most looking forward to getting to know everyone and becoming a part of the Maroon family.”

Q: What inspired you to start this job? 

A: “I want to help make this world a better place for myself, my family and all of you who will become our future leaders, business owners, doctors, teachers etc. That starts with not only academically educating you, but also helping you to become all around successful young adults. That was my inspiration when deciding to become a teacher. To be able to watch you all grow and succeed, and know that I may have had a small part in that, is very rewarding. I want to help make this world a better place for myself, my family and all of you who will become our future leaders, business owners, doctors, teachers etc. That starts with not only academically educating you, but also helping you to become all around successful young adults.”